Staying at home for seniors, without any support, can be a daunting task.
Our busy schedules don’t allow us to visit our elderly loved ones often. But with Christmas just round the corner, it’s a great time to reconnect, and check on their health and wellbeing. If you notice any changes, don’t be afraid to offer help. A little support can go a long way.
Goodwin is Canberra’s largest and longest-serving local aged care provider, helping 2,500 seniors across the capital and regional NSW. It offers subsidised care for those assessed as eligible under the federal government’s home care package schemes.
Services can include transport, domestic help, personal care, medication assistance, help with shopping, home and garden maintenance, and mobility aids among other things.
This advertising feature is sponsored by:
You can apply for government home care funding by following these simple steps:
- Call Goodwin for free advice.
- Apply for government funding with My Aged Care at www.myagedcare.gov.au or 1800 200 422.
- A free in-home assessment will be scheduled to determine the level of support you need.
- Once you’ve qualified, you’ll get a confirmation letter and your name will be placed in the national queue.
- You will receive an update letter when you are almost at the front of the queue.
- Your home care package is released.
If your package is not approved, Goodwin can also help with private home care services.
Call 02 6175 5650 to find out how home care can help you and your loved one.