ACT Steelworks are currently seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Welder / Metal Fabricator to join their team at the workshop in Queanbeyan NSW and at site projects in Wollongong NSW.
The successful candidate will need to undertake and possess:
- Being able to read and analyse blueprints and drawings
- Have the ability and experience to use a TIG and MIG welder
- Examining welds for the width of bead, penetration and precision
- Have the ability to weld vertically, horizontally and overhead
- Be able to weld various metals using various techniques.
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies
- Heat treat metal parts and components
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding, bolting or riveting
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filing or bathing them in acid solutions, or by applying protective or decorative coatings.
Skills & Abilities:
- Certificate III in Engineering (Welding Fabrication) or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three years’ experience in this role or similar
- Ability to work in a team environment
Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000pa commensurate with experience
1 Full-time Position available
Applications open 30th July 2022 and close 30th August 2022
If you are interested in this role APPLY now. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted