Your new company
A Local Government organisation overseeing one of the most picturesque areas is looking for a Principal Engineer to join their Design and Project Management unit. Due to extensive growth within the region, the successful candidate needs to effectively lead a team of professionals to deliver civil infrastructure, environmental infrastructure, roads and traffic and transport facilities.
Your new role
As Principal Engineer, you will be a proactive leader with experience in design and project management. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to the design and project management team, providing them with guidance, develop team outcomes and priorities, mentoring and training staff whilst fostering a customer focused team environment.
- Provide project management services including project scope, program, cost, safety, quality, environmental impacts, stakeholder management, communications, record keeping and risk management
- Highly experienced procurement knowledge, including tenders, Contracts Administration, construction monitoring and document preparation.
- Provide Civil design and documentation, including working drawings and technical specifications, cost estimating for renewal, upgrade and construction of new civil infrastructure
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with ability to lead a team, motivate and support a multi-disciplinary team to achieve outcomes
- Sound experience in design, documentation, cost estimation and construction of renewal and delivery of new infrastructure, including scoping, scheduling and cost control of Capital Works
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
What you'll get in return
You will have the ability to work for a great local organisation, who enjoys rewarding their team with a very healthy remuneration package, flexible work arrangements and work life balance (including a 35-hour week and 19-day month), a leaseback vehicle and corporate fitness program.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws on 02 4032 8650 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2631390