Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of others, and your own?
As an Employment Consultant your role will be to help job seekers become work ready and find suitable and sustainable employment. APM delivers Employment Services Programs from over 400 sites nationally and you’ll be based at our Queanbeyan site. We lift people up, supporting them in employment, independence and improved wellbeing. It’s exciting, challenging, inclusive and rewarding. Together we aspire to enable better lives for our own people and the people we serve.
Who are you?
You love working in a productive and collaborative environment, and want to bring your drive, passion and most importantly your first-class customer service to a role where you are enabling better lives. Happy to step up and take responsibility, you’re looking for a career where you can make an impact and genuinely help people. You’re good at building relationships – and that will allow you to work with key stakeholders to maximise job opportunities for everyone. You’ll also enjoy helping colleagues so that we can achieve great results and make a difference, together.
Am I suited to being an Employment Consultant with APM?
We find people with a background in delivering great customer service such as retail, call centre operators, hospitality, consulting, business development, and administration are well suited to this role. Your desire to help people and meet business objectives will make you a good fit for an Employment Consultant role. We provide full training, and we'll help you turn your skills into a new career in Employment Services.
What you will be doing...
- Source employment opportunities for your job seekers
- Helping job seekers identify their skills, abilities and secure employment
- Delivering ongoing outstanding customer service to job seekers and employers
- Increasing job seekers’ capacity for employment through training and other support services
- Creating and implementing a joint job plan with the job seeker to support a clear pathway to employment
- Building relationships with local employers and community organisations
To be considered, you will have...
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- A current driver’s licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willing to complete a Criminal History Check
- Able to pass a Working with Children Check
- Ability to work Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 5:00pm
As a member of the APM team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- An attractive base salary + Super with uncapped performance incentives
- Supportive and interactive induction process with dedicated L&D team
- An opportunity to complete a nationally accredited training course in Employment Services
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Work within a supportive and high performing team
- Discounted health insurance
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Employee Wellbeing Program, and more!
About APM Group
We’re a diverse team of over 9,000 people across 11 countries with a shared purpose - to enable better lives. Our purpose is the common thread that lives in everything we do, and it starts with enabling better lives for our employees and their families too.
Our work enables the people we serve to realise their ambitions and aspirations through sustainable employment, independence, better health and wellbeing, and increased social participation.
When you join APM, there’s an opportunity to grow your career in Human Services, across multiple global brands and geographies. You can expect a great work-life balance, extensive learning opportunities, networking programs and employee benefits. But most of all you can expect to make a lasting impact on the lives of others, who rely on our services.
At APM we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures including indigenous peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people with a disability.