The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are now calling for nominations.
“The Awards provide an opportunity for community groups, businesses and individuals to receive recognition and acknowledgement for a job well done. By nominating someone you know achieving socially, economically or environmentally, we can showcase the valuable assets of our community – our people,” said Queanbeyan Mayor Tim Overall.
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
• The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Corporate Managers Award
• The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Community Managers Award
• The Prime Super Community of the Year Award Population Over 15,000 Award
• The Prime Super Community of the Year Award Population Under 15,000 Award
• The Peabody Environment and Landcare Award
• The Dobija World Events and Tourism Award
• The Elite Coatings Regional Service Award
Winners will receive either $5000 thanks to the Commonwealth Bank or Television Advertising on PRIME 7. As major prize patrons, PRIME 7 and The Commonwealth Bank will be presenting all winners with the hand-crafted glass trophy.
“As an inspiring and innovative community, I am positive that we have many worthy contenders in our area. If you would like more information on how to nominate an individual, business or community project; or be nominated yourself; pick up an enquiry form from your local Commonwealth Bank branch or from Queanbeyan City Council, 257 Crawford Street,” Cr Overall said.
Winners will be announced in Wagga Wagga at the Gala Dinner Presentation at the Wagga Wagga RSL , on Saturday 1st November 2014.
The NSW and ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards are proudly supported by The Land Newspaper and Angove Family Winemakers. For more information or nomination forms please contact the Awards Office on 1300 735 445 or visit the website at www.awardsaustralia.com.