Caution: Answers below.
1. Queanbeyan is celebrating a significant milestone this year. What is it?
2. Who was the first mayor of Queanbeyan?
3. Suzy Balogh won a gold medal in what event at the 2004 Olympics?
4. The word Queanbeyan is the anglicised form of the Aboriginal word Quinbean, which means what?
5. Where was the first public school in Queanbeyan?
6.The Queanbeyan Golf Club holds a particular historical distinction. What is it?
7. The present day Queanbeyan City Council Chambers were originally constructed in 1927 to house what?
8. Heather McKay is known for her achievements in which sport?
9. Queanbeyan is the largest inland city in NSW. True or false?
10. Queanbeyan was proclaimed a township in 1838 however it was not declared a city until which year? A) 1898, B) 1919, C) 1956 or D) 1972.
11. At which ground did the Canberra Raiders play their home games from 1982 to 1989?
12. Queanbeyan twins Brittany and Courtney Menegon shot to fame as Phuzion on which reality show?
13. The Shed Sessions are musical performances held at which Queanbeyan venue?
14. In what year did the Queanbeyan Whites last win the John I Dent Cup in first grade?
15. How many councillors sit on the Queanbeyan City Council?
16. In which country did Queanbeyan Formula One driver Mark Webber win his first grand prix?
17. The oldest church in Queanbeyan is the Anglican Christ Church on Rutledge Street. In what year was it completed?
18. Oaks Estate is officially part of Queanbeyan. True or false?
19. What is the name of the new township and suburb currently being constructed to the south east of Jerrabomberra?
20. The Queanbeyan Tigers were formed in what year?
21. Which Queanbeyan hip hop artist won an ARIA in 2004 with Koolism?
22. Who of the following was not born in Queanbeyan? A) Ricky Stuart, B) David Furner, C) Terry Campese, D) Brad Haddin.
23. James Bond actor George Lazenby was born in Queanbeyan. True or false?
24. Which Queanbeyan born poet won the Australian Poetry slam in 2008?
25. The Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre is more commonly known as what?
26. And in which year was it opened?
27. Queanbeyan is represented in the Canberra Raiders Cup by two rugby league teams. Who are they?
28. The Queanbeyan Show will be held in which month in 2013?
29. Who won Queanbeyan City Council’s Regional Art Award this year?
30. Australian country music legend Troy Cassar Daley was born in Queanbeyan. True or false?
31. How many people are currently immortalised on Queanbeyan’s Honour Walk?
32. And in what year was the Honour Walk unveiled?
33. What is the oldest still operating sporting club in Queanbeyan?
34. Who is the current deputy mayor of Queanbeyan?
35. What was the first building in Queanbeyan to get electricity and a telephone line?
36. Platypus can be found in the Queanbeyan River. True or false?
37. Which cricketer hit 300no in a single day for Queanbeyan against Ginninderra earlier this year?
38. What is Queanbeyan’s sister city?
39. Who were the first non-indigenous people to discover the present day site of Queanbeyan?
40. The first post office in Queanbeyan was opened in which year?
41. The Queanbeyan Age was originally known as what?
42. And it what year was the newspaper established?
43. The first bridge over the Queanbeyan River was opened in what year? A) 1840, B) 1858, C) 1899 or D) 1905
44. Queanbeyan racehorse Takeover Target won more than $6 million in a decorated career. How much did local trainer Joe Janiak pay for the three-year-old in 2003?
45. Who defeated former Labor member Mike Kelly to claim the seat of Eden-Monaro in the 2013 federal election?
46. How many female mayors has Queanbeyan had?
47. In the 2010 Queanbeyan floods, the Queanbeyan River peaked at what height? A) 8.4m, B) 9.2m, C) 11.9m or D) 13.5m.
48. In which year was Queanbeyan connected to Canberra via rail?
49. Queanbeyan’s local radio station QBN FM can be heard on what frequency?
50. Which Queanbeyan racehorse finished second to superstar mare Black Caviar in the 2011 Schillaci Stakes?
1. 175th birthday. 2. John James Wright. 3. Trap shooting. 4. Clear waters. 5. Isabella Street (Queanbeyan Public School). 6. First golf club in NSW to offer full female memberships. 7. A School of Arts. 8. Squash. 9. False, Wagga Wagga is. 10. D) 1972. 11. Seiffert Oval. 12. D) Australia’s Got Talent, 2012. 13. The Artist’s Shed. 14. 2010. 15. 10. 16. Germany, 2009. 17. 1860. 18. False, it’s part of the ACT. 19. Googong. 20. 1925. 21. Hau Latukefu. 22. Brad Haddin. 23. False, he was born in Goulburn. 24. Omar Musa. 25. The Q. 26. 2008. 27. The Queanbeyan Blues and the Queanbeyan Kangaroos. 28. November. 29. Debra Boyd-Goggin. 30. False, he was born in Sydney. 31. 22. 32. 2012. 33. Queanbeyan District Cricket Club. 34. Peter Bray. 35. Walsh’s Hotel. 36. True. 37. Jono Dean. 38. Minami Alps, Japan. 39. Explorers Joseph Wild, James Vaughan and Charles Throsby Smith in 1820. 40. 1836. 41. The Golden Age. 42. 1860. 43. B) 1858. 44. $1375. 45. Peter Hendy. 46. None. 47. A) 8.4m. 48. 1913. 49. 96.7FM. 50. Karuta Queen.